Tuesday 22 November 2011

Cardamon chicken with harissa braised cabbage

I really need to learn how to stop procrastinating! I've got recipes that I been meaning to post here for ages, and I just haven't gotten around to it. I'll do it later, I think. After I watched Vampire dairies or some other quality TV show. Talking about TV, have you seen one of the new ones, Pan Am? Love the outfits and hair! Fantastic. Lovely little bit of total escapism from when I get home tired and unmotivated after work. Otherwise I watch too much food TV, seriously, I got a bad addiction to TopChef and MasterChef. I'm following the new season of TC, and must admit I got a bit of a crush on Chicago chef Chris Jones. Mmmm, cute guys that can cook....

OK, see what I mean about procrastination and being easily distracted? I was supposed to write about a new recipe here, not TV!

Anyhow, this is an easy recipe with harissa and tomato braised cabbage. I've got at bit of a thing for cabbage recently. White, savoy, red, even brussel sprouts. This is very tasty and easy to do, and goes really well with just a couple of nice spicy sausages or, as I served it with this time, cardamon and fennel marinated chicken fillets

Cardamon chicken with harissa and braised cabbage (serves 4)
4 chicken fillets

Chicken marinade
1 tbsp fennel seeds, ground
1 tsp cardamon seeds, ground
0.5 dl light soy sauce
0.5 tbsp honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 pinch chili flakes
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped

Braised cabbage
1 medium-sized head of white cabbage, thinly sliced
2 onions, yellow or red, finely chopped
5-6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 dl harissa
1 dl creme fraiche
1 dl chicken stock
1 can chopped tomatoes
250 g feta cheese, cubed
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 tbsp oregano
0.5-1 tsp coarse black pepper
salt
neutral oil

Ground the cardamon and fennel using a pestle and mortar. Then mix the ingredients for the marinade together and marinate the chicken for at least 30 min

Saute garlic and onions in oil in a medium to large pot for a couple of minutes until the onion is soft

Add harissa and lemon zest, saute for a couple of minutes

Add all the remaining ingredients except the feta cheese, and stir it together

Cook on medium heat while occasionally stirring for 10-15 min until the cabbage starts to be soft

While the cabbage is cooking, fry the chicken fillets in a large frying pan

Add the feta cheese to the cabbage, and salt and black pepper to taste

Smaklig måltid/bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment